National Informatics Centre (NIC) has introduced the two-factor authentication (2FA) to log in to the e-way bill or e-invoice system. It aims to improve the security of the e-way bill and e-invoice system. Besides username and password, the user would now require providing a one-time password (OTP) for authenticating the login.
- Accessing the e-invoice system and e-way bill system more efficiently.
- Enabling the e-invoice system to be more efficient and robust.
- Ensuring a secure environment for accessing the e-invoice/e-way bill system
- Mandatory for the taxpayers whose Annual Aggregate Turnover more than 20 Crore.
- Optional for the rest of the taxpayers subject to e-invoicing and e-way bill.
Below is step by step process for activation of two factor authentication –
STEP BY STEP FOR ACTIVATION OF AUTHORIZATION
1.On logging into the e-Invoice System, the user needs to go to Main Menu.
2.The user then needs to select two-factor authentication and confirm the registration.
3.Once confirmed, the system will ask for a one-time password along with the username and password.